New How to Dropship on eBay Like a Pro (Guide + Tips)post
eBay opens the doors to a huge customer base of 168 million active buyers with $8.98 billion in sales. Selling on eBay is an excellent way to grow your ecommerce business and 25 million sellers have already chosen the path.
A less risky way of entering the eBay marker is through dropshipping where you don't need to carry your inventory. The business model has gained popularity in recent times due to the ease of doing business with zero capital, low overheads and minimum risks.
We are going to prepare you so that you can start dropshipping on eBay in no time!
Tips to Set Up Your eBay Seller Account
You will need only a few minutes to set up your account, but there are some important points to consider-
- Check out the eBay Seller Center for helpful guides and links to create your store.
- Try to come up with a catchy or clever account name to drive your sales. An offensive or slang name can be against eBay username policy.
- You will need a tax ID in order to sell on eBay. You can apply for a tax ID on the IRS website.
- You will need to set up your payment methods. Sellers in the USA should have a PayPal account or merchant credit card.
- Complete your profile and fill out your store policies like return and shipping terms. Many buyers check out your profile so you should be prepared for the best.
How to Become a Best Seller on eBay?
If you are looking to sell on eBay, but don’t know how to go about it, we can help. The steps, while may seem lengthy, is actually easy. If you have been a seller on another platform before, you will find it even easier.
- Find the Right Products to Sell
It's a no brainer that you will want to sell only high-margin items to earn more profits on eBay. But that is not the only consideration for choosing your products.
Some sellers concentrate on specific niches like personal care or home appliances when starting out to keep things simple. Here are a few tips to select the best products-
Check the best sellers page- You can get an idea of the products with the highest demands to sell on your store.
Calculate risk- Products with high risks are best avoided. Calculate the risk factor by evaluating the sales volume and product price. If a product has low sales volume and a high price, it indicates a risky venture!
Assess availability- Look for products which are not easily available in stores. You will have better chances of selling them online.
Determine size- Big and bulky products cost more to ship. Stick with portable and small items in the beginning so that you can offer free shipping to attract customers.
eBay allows dropshipping from different suppliers like AliExpress and Amazon. You can use an automated dropshipping solution like WalletMonitor dropshipping software to automatically track products with the highest margins to save manual work.
- Get Hold of Reliable Suppliers
Now that you have selected the product to sell, it's turn to find reliable suppliers who can fulfill your orders. You can source your products from a local supplier or look for online sellers. No matter what you choose, ask the following questions to determine if the supplier is right for you-
- How long does it take to ship a product? eBay rules state that the customer should receive the product within 30 days of ordering and any delay will hamper your reputation and ratings.
- What are the shipping methods offered? You may want to look for sellers with expedited or same day shipping.
- Does the supplier ship worldwide or is limited to specific countries? You may want international shipping if your customers are located around the world.
- What is the process of quality control? You should only look for suppliers with high-quality products to avoid customer complaints.
Google the products that you want to sell on eBay. Now navigate to page 3 or 4 of the search results and begin your supplier hunt. Here you will find mostly small and medium-sized companies who can't afford costly SEO tactics to feature on the first page.
But they are the ones eager to grow their business and ready to work with beginners and young entrepreneurs starting out on dropshipping business.
The suppliers on the first page of Google results may be the best, but they may not be willing to partner up with novice sellers.
- Set the Price Carefully
While creating your listings, you have to be mindful about the selling price of your items. This step can be a bit challenging as the selling price may vary while the supplier charges a fixed amount no matter what.
eBay offer 50 free listings but after that listing fees apply. You also have to pay a percentage of the final selling price which further reduces your profit margin. So you need to set a price after considering all factors to keep up your earnings.
You can sell items on eBay under the 'Buy It Now' option at fixed prices to pool in your desired profit margin. If you want to put your items on auction, be sure to set a high starting bid so that you can cover all your costs